Why shop local?
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same at a national chain and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community -- Where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors!
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choices, more diversity and a truly unique community.